Rebuild Your Life While Living with Chronic Pain
Thursdays, May 18, 25, June 1, 8, 2023*
10:00am -- 11:30am (via Zoom)
This workshop is comprised of four, interactive, and small classes (10 or less participants). It is designed to help those living with chronic pain rebuild and reclaim their lives in significant and meaningful ways. Content lays a broad foundation on pain management and includes specific topics such as:
- Learn about the different types of chronic pain
- Understand the mechanisms of how chronic pain works
- Learn about the science behind pain signals -- when to attend to and when to ignore
- Understand the links between pain, behavior, thoughts and emotions
- Learn how diet impacts our mood and pain
- Improve sleep
- Considerations and help to increase exercise
- Learn how meditation can help with pain (and life!) management
- Learn how to build and maintain healthy relationships while living with chronic pain
- How to find motivation for change
- Challenge unhealthy thought patterns
- Understand how emotions are created and how to incorporate into your daily life
- Reduce pain-related disabilities
- Improve quality of life
Feedback from workshop participants:
“Deb is one of the most compassionate people I've ever met. She understands chronic pain, and in her workshop, she provided numerous helpful tools and strategies to help me better manage and even reduce my pain. One tool that stood out is a pain scale that allows the client to assess & compare their pain levels based on what they are physically able to do on a particular day, rather than the standard 1-10 scale, used by most medical providers. She also has the unique ability to deeply listen to participants, provide thoughtful responses, yet keep the workshop moving at a productive pace. I highly recommend Deb's chronic pain workshop for anyone who wants to reduce their pain and improve their quality of life.” ~ T
“The workshop was extremely helpful in teaching me to shift out of fear-based thinking and to understand how my emotions and mood play a part in chronic pain. Deb is very knowledgeable, compassionate and has her own chronic pain experience. I found that combination to be very valuable. In addition, the workshop provided education, resources, and tools to help retrain our response to our pain. Hearing the experiences of others and how they were implementing changes in their lives was also really helpful. With the tools I have learned I am starting to expand my life which had become small and all about managing pain. I highly recommend!” - D
“After struggling with rheumatoid arthritis for over 25 years, I can finally see the light. PRT has taught me to understand and think differently about my pain. Dr. Nelson has given me the tools to retrain my negative thoughts related to my chronic pain, as well as lowering my overall stress.” ~ S
Workshop is designed for those who are ready to make behavioral and psychological changes to improve the quality of their life. Cost for the full workshop and workbook is $300 and is FSA/HSA eligible.
* Workshops are held quarterly. Please contact me for future dates and times.
I also offer individual therapy (in person and telehealth) for those interested.
Contact me directly at [email protected] (or click the Contact link on this website) to learn more about the workshop or individual therapy.